Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 22, 2010

C-section?

I had an ultrasound today to follow up on my placenta previa (where the placenta is covering the cervix, the baby's way out). Unfortunately, the cervix is still completely covered. The basic message I got today (from the ultrasound tech and the doctor) was that it's still possible for the placenta to move, but unlikely. So, talk of a c-section begins. Of course, I will continue to have follow up ultrasounds and hope that the placenta will move. In the meantime, I am mentally preparing for a c-section (which my sister, Haley, warns me the recovery from is awful--especially when you already have a little monster, I mean, munchkin at home!). I guess I am still optimistic and not yet convinced I will need a c-section (maybe it's denial). I do have concerns about potential bleeding, bedrest, or an unexpected early delivery. Really, it's just a situation where we will have to wait and see (and hope and pray).

The good news is that our little girl, who we call "Gigi", is growing perfectly. She measures exactly as she should and all of her organs look good. So, we are thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment